|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
Blades Armor is set of heavy armor that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is the trademark armor of the Blades, an order of dragon slayers who later served as protectors of the Septim dynasty of Emperors.
Aesthetically, the armor set is heavily influenced by its Akaviri origins and is consistent with previous incarnations of Blades armor.
Comparisons with other setsEdit
This armor rating for the pieces in this set are highly incongruous with each other when compared with craftable armor sets.
- The chest piece is slightly higher than ebony armor.
- The boots, gauntlets, helmet and shield are equivalent to their Dwarven counterparts.
This Blades Armor set cannot be created at a blacksmith's forge, however it can be found in the following locations:
- Sky Haven Temple - Full set in a chest in the armory located to the left of the main chamber.
- Becomes the default armor of any follower recruited into the Blades as part of the quest "Rebuilding the Blades".
Be careful to remove any special or valuable armor that an inventory follower might be wearing at the time of his or her induction, as the Blades Armor will replace any armor the follower is wearing, and could cause that armor to be permanently lost.
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Total (with shield)||114||87||995||–|
|Total (without shield)||88||75||775||–|
- In reality, the armor set seems to bear heavy influences from the Japanese Tatami Gusoku and the Roman Lorica Segmentata styles of armor.
- Many sets of this armor can be obtained by pickpocketing the armor from the Blade followers using the Perfect Touch perk. It's recommended to save before attempting it. The Armor has very low chance of being successfully pickpocketed.
- The Blades Armor can be obtained without the main quest line or any quest by entering Sky Haven Temple and using the wooden plate glitch by the big face sculpture. The unique weapon, Dragonbane, can also be obtained by doing this glitch. However this will be classed as stealing (Confirmed on PS3)