Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blind Cliff Cave is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This is a Forsworn Dungeon which is divided into three areas: Cave, Towers and Bastion. It is located east of the Lover Stone and northeast of Markarth. If approached from the top of the mountain, there is a small opening in both towers that allows access to the Bastion without going through the cave.
The cave is a small vertical dungeon. There are six Forsworn there. Dispose of or sneak by them to gain entrance to Towers.
- The Refugees skill book is on top of a chest at the very top of the ramp/stairs before the turn to the top exit, in a dark section.
Towers is an outdoor section similar to many towers across Skyrim. The lower tower has a ground level window that allows entry without going through the cave. Pull the lever and the gate opens. There are three Forsworn in the area. Continue to the other side of the bridge. There is a locked gate that cannot be opened yet, so continue to the Bastion. The upper tower also has a ground level window which allows entry without going through the cave or lower tower.
Blind Cliff Bastion is a small dungeon. In the beginning, there is a Hagraven named Melka in a cage. She will ask the Dragonborn to free her, and kill her sister Petra, who has taken over her Bastion. Pull the chain near the cage and she will be freed. Melka will not turn hostile and will even assist/tell how to get past the various traps in this section. There are five Forsworn in the dungeon and the hagraven Petra. Kill them all, and Melka will give as a reward the Eye of Melka, a unique staff. There is an alchemy lab past the swinging blades.
Just before arriving to the alchemy lab is a hidden door, (opened by activating a handle next to it), which leads back to the cage portion where there is a chest, two urns, two iron ingots and one each corundum, moonstone and quicksilver ingot. In the last room is a barred door, this leads to the extreme top of the upper tower and has two burial urns, drop down into the tower to find two chests.
- 2920, vol 04 - Rain's Hand – Restoration skill book on Petra's corpse, in the Bastion.
- The Refugees – Light Armor skill book inside part of the fallen tower at the top of the stairs, take the left path once you get to the tower. The two forsworn are on the right path. Next to a loot chest, in the Cave, on the right.
- Mystery of Talara, Book IV – Illusion skill book by the fire, in Petra's room, in the Bastion.
- An amethyst is in a small box in Melka's room with some alchemy ingredients, nearby the Alchemy Lab, in the Bastion.
- A flawless amethyst can be found when traversing the tower section, in the room with the forsworn staff and the altar.
- There are six iron ore veins in the cave section.
- An iron ore vein outside, below the bridge connecting the tower sections.
- There are three quicksilver ore veins, in the Bastion section.
- Melka's room (room with alchemy lab), on the way to Petra.
- Right next to #1
- In the room with Petra, on the left as one enters.
- Jarl Igmund of Markarth can give a quest to retrieve the Hrolfdir's Shield that is in a chest in Petra's room.
- Possible location for Shalidor's Insights.
- Possible location for Rescue Mission.
This section contains bugs related to Blind Cliff Cave. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If all the Forsworn and Petra are killed before freeing Melka, she may get stuck on a flight of stairs breathing heavily and not moving. Retrieve the Staff by killing her, she'll attack when she's almost down to her last third of health. If this is the case, one may end up with a Miscellaneous quest undone, where it still requires killing Petra, placing the marker right on top of her dead body.