Blizzard is a Master-level Destruction spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that creates a swirling ice storm centered around the caster. It does 20 frost damage per second to everything within range of the storm, including enemies, followers, and even the caster. Additionally, the spell pulls in nearby objects like a whirlwind, which causes additional damage to anyone nearby.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1350
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells the Spell Tome after the Dragonborn completes the quest Destruction Ritual Spell.
- Augmented Frost will increase the damage by 25% on the first point and 50% on the second point.
- Deep Freeze will cause your foes to become paralyzed when their health is low.
It can be very effective in dealing with large groups of enemies because of its large area of affect and its high damage. However, it may be more effective to use the Fire Storm spell, as the Blizzard spell causes very low damage to the Dragonborn as well as high damage to surrounding enemies.
Weapons poisoned with Weakness to frost cause enemies to take additional damage from Blizzard. This may be especially effective when used on arrows, since many more targets may be hit by the arrows before the spell's effects expire.
Counteracting the damage to selfEdit
Throwing up Wards may limit damage inflicted on oneself by this spell. Casting a Guardian Circle may also help restore some of the damage inflicted by it. Wearing apparel enchanted with Resist Frost helps avoid taking damage from Blizzard.
Use with shoutsEdit
Unlike the other Master-Level Destruction Spells, Fire Storm and Lightning Storm, the Become Ethereal shout cannot be used with Blizzard in order to avoid damage during charge time. This is presumably because of the damage dealt to ones self during the spells duration.
Because blizzard deals damage to the caster it can be used to level up destruction skill without enemies being within its area-of-effect radius.
This section contains bugs related to Blizzard (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- magic resistance and frost resistance will reduce the total damage output of the spell. The real damage the blizzard spell deal can be checked while having blizzard active, then checking in the active effects section. A high frost resistance or Magic resistance Dragonborn may find this spell dealing really low damage, down to 2 frost damage per second. Likewise, spells, enchantments and poisons that decrease the Dragonborn's frost resistance or magic resistance, such as The Apprentice Stone, will highly increase the damage output of the spell. The Dragonborn's
- Blizzard may have no damage to self and enemies.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|