Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Skill in Block allows the Hero to block melee attacks with shields and weapons. Successful blocks lower damage. Blocking is no longer automatic and skill-based as it was in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It may be activated by clicking and holding down the right mouse button (PC), the left trigger (Xbox 360) or L1 (PS3). While one can use a weapon to block attacks, it is more effective to block with a shield.
- Governing Attribute: Endurance
Ranks and skill perksEdit
- Novice (0-24): No perks, a successful block drains fatigue while hand to hand blocking does nothing against weapons.
- Apprentice (25-49): No fatigue loss when blocking an attack.
- Journeyman (50-74): Shield or weapon is no longer damaged when used to block. Hand to Hand blocking has a chance to recoil an opponent attacking with a weapon, (to guarantee causing the attacker to recoil, become a Journeyman of Hand to Hand).
- Expert (75-99): Blocking with a shield grants a chance to do a knock-back counterattack.
- Master (100): Blocking with shield gives a chance of disarming the enemy with a successful knock-back counterattack.
- Refer to the Trainers page.
Block Skill BooksEdit
The following Skill Books increase the Hero's block skill.
- The Warp in the West - given by Brother Piner when asked for assistance.
- Death Blow of Abernanit
- The Mirror
- A Dance in Fire, Book II
- Apprentice-level text
- The truly skillful fighter learns to block with shield and weapon. Diligent practice has made you an Apprentice at Blocking. Blocking with your shield or weapon no longer drains fatigue.
- Journeyman-level text
- The truly skillful fighter learns to block with shield and weapon. Diligent practice has made you a Journeyman at Blocking. Blocking no longer damages your weapon or shield. Blocking with your bare hands will cause opponents to recoil a bit, although you take full damage from the attack.
- Expert-level text
- The truly skillful fighter learns to block with shield and weapon. Diligent practice has made you an Expert at Blocking. Blocking with a shield can now be used like an attack to knock back and stagger your opponent.
- Master-level text
- The truly skillful fighter learns to block with shield and weapon. Diligent practice has made you a Master of Blocking. Blocking with a shield now has a chance to disarm your opponent.
Once the Block skill level reaches 70 or higher, NPCs will say: "Your shield arm looks strong."
Block raises one's Endurance which will help raise one's maximum health. Counterattacks done by a Heavy Armor Shield often stagger opponents. Light Armor Shields strike faster but do little damage. Block is good for "Sword and Board" players.