|Soul Size||Dragon Soul|
Blood Dragons are dragons found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They are a unique breed with sideways slit eyes, a crest on their head, a sail that goes along their back, and a leaf-shaped flap at the end of their tail. They become common at level 20, although on rare occasions as low as level 1.
Blood Dragons follow their targets, even circling around cities when they've been entered. The only way to escape a Blood Dragon, other than hiding in a cave, is to lead it to a small village or camp and flee as it attacks the village.
- frost spells can be used to slow the dragon, while shock spells can be used to stagger them, if the correct destruction perks have been learned.
- The Spellbreaker shield can block the shouts used by dragons. Alternatively, the Staff of Magnus can be used to drain a dragon's magicka, rendering them unable to shout.
- Sometimes a Blood Dragon's texture won't load properly until it's killed. Also happens on PC.
- As with other types of dragon, a Blood Dragon may give no soul when killed. (When this happens, the dragon's body is not turned into a skeleton.)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|