| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
When wielded with Soulrender, absorbs 15 health and has a chance to lower the target's armor.
|Class: One Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Daedric Smithing|
The blade, along with Soulrender, was once wielded by the legendary pirate king, Haknir Death-Brand. Upon his death, he cursed the blades before they were buried with him in Gyldenhul Barrow on Solstheim.
The enchantment will only work if Bloodscythe is dual wielded with Soulrender. The charges of the weapons are not independent of each other. If Soulrender is wielded alone, Bloodscythe still loses charge.
Wielding both Soulrender and Bloodscythe for dual wielded bonus will give light armor wearers a powerful match to the Deathbrand Armor set. The armor increases damage done with one-handed weapons for each piece of Deathbrand Armor equipped, up to a maximum of 40%, as well as giving an armor boost to make up for the lack of a shield.
The Soulrender will fit on weapon, shield racks, or display cases, but Bloodscythe might not.
- PC Solution: remove Bloodscythe using the console, then re-add the weapon
Bloodscythe and Soulrender will not perform their enchantments even when dual-wielded.
- Solution: un-equip and re-equip both weapons.
- if left in a display case in the Dragonborn's house, the sword may disappear completely, unable to be reacquired.
- If the Bloodscythe is acquired, the Dragonborn dies and then goes back to the entrance of the room it sits in and save the weapon will become unobtainable. It will be visible, but it will be unable to be picked up.
- Solution: Quit to main menu, select continue game and it will be fixed.