| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
Stamina Damage 25 Pts
Fear 30 Seconds
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Quicksilver Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
It once belonged to Acilius Bolar, an Imperial Blade who survived the attack on Cloud Ruler Temple by the forces of the Thalmor. His blade, alongside his written oath were placed at the foot of the Shrine of Talos in Bloated Man's Grotto before he met his death at the hands of the Thalmor.
- When equipped, some NPC's may say: "Be careful with that fire", even though Bolar's Oathblade does not have a Fire Damage enchantment.
- Ill Met By Moonlight it can be acquired by waiting at least a month in game time. This resets the grotto and the blade may be obtained.
If the sword hasn't been acquired before completing
- Possibility #1: Sinding has to be killed for this to happen. Revisiting the cave after more than an in game month and Sinding is still standing around doing nothing and the shrine, where the sword should lie, is still destroyed.
- Possibility #2: Sinding doesn't have to be killed. Waiting more than a month and the blade was there, even though Sinding still lives.
- The blade may stay equipped when in Werewolf form, forced or willfully activated. It can be sheathed or pulled out and used as well as the free hand to attack.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)