|Exploding Steel Bolt of Fire||10||0||5||Explodes for 10 points of fire damage.||xx00F1A0|
|Exploding Steel Bolt of Ice||10||0||5||Explodes for 10 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina.||xx00F1B7|
|Exploding Steel Bolt of Shock||10||0||5||Explodes for 10 points of shock damage to Health and half that to Magicka.||xx00F1B9|
|Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Fire||14||0||15||Explodes for 15 points of fire damage.||xx00F1B1|
|Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Ice||14||0||15||Explodes for 15 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina.||xx00F1BB|
|Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Shock||14||0||15||Explodes for 15 points of shock damage to Health and half that to Magicka||xx00F1BC|
Recipes yield bolts in stacks of ten. Forging Exploding Bolts requires ten steel or dwarven bolts and either fire salts, frost salts, or void salts, which yields Fire Bolts, Frost Bolts, and Shock Bolts respectively.
Note: You will only be able to begin crafting bolts after you have started Sorine's quests to retrieve schematics for new crossbows.
Attributes by pieceEdit
To obtain an unlimited number of bolts, perform one of the following methods:
- At the beginning of the quest, Dawnguard, bring Agmaer to Fort Dawnguard.
- Upon completion of the quest, Agmaer will be given a crossbow by Isran, and told to shoot at a set of crates.
- Begin to collect. Collection is a slow process, as he fires a bolt roughly every 8 seconds. He continues to fire bolts until completion of the next quest.
- Find a Hold Guard that is shooting arrows repetitively at a target/practice dummy. The best place to do this is in Solitude near the Castle Dour courtyard.
- Pickpocket his bow and arrows. May require perks to be unlocked first.
- Replace the bow with a crossbow (any kind) and give him a bolt (any kind will do, and only one of the bolts needs to be given).
- Retrieve the bolts as they are fired at the target.
- Give a Crossbow to a follower and take away their melee weapons, giving them only a few bolts.
- Engage in a series of battles.
- Search the corpses of enemies to find the bolts. Since followers have an unlimited number of projectiles, this method can be used endlessly.
Enchanted bolts can be only made at the forge in Fort Dawnguard.
|Weapon classes in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|Arrows • Bolts • Bows • Crossbows • Battleaxes • Daggers • Greatswords • Maces • Swords • War Axes • Warhammers|
|Ancient Nord Weapons • Daedric Weapons • Dragonbone Weapons • Dwarven Weapons • Ebony Weapons • Elven Weapons |
Falmer Weapons • Glass Weapons • Iron Weapons • Lunar Weapons • Nord Hero Weapons • Nordic Weapons
Orcish Weapons • Silver Weapons • Stalhrim Weapons • Steel Weapons
|Staves • Enchanted Weapons • Unique Weapons • Console Commands|
|Archery • One-Handed • Two-Handed|