- Main article: Books (Online)
- Location: [?], Rivenspire
- Author: Anonymous
One of the most popular requests from readers of our first edition was how to tell bloodfiends from proper vampires. We are happy to report that an actual vampire (who will remain anonymous) helped us clear up the distinction! Here are some signs that you're dealing with a vampire instead of a bloodfiend:
1. A vampire will usually attempt some form of conversation before he or she attacks you. A bloodfiend will simply go straight for your throat.
2. Vampires may look under the weather, but they usually keep their condition hidden. A bloodfiend is obviously stricken, with patchy hair, extremely pale skin, wrinkled features, and bloodshot eyes.
3. Vampires will not feed on corpses. They liken it to us eating trash. Bloodfiends make no such distinction.