- Main article: Books (Online)
Our research debunked many folk myths about vampirism, at least where bloodfiends are concerned. Our findings include:
- Blessed water does not harm bloodfiends. It just makes them angrier!
- A folk myth recommends throwing rotten eggs at the undead, burning them with the sulfur inside. We found that not only are the eggs disgusting to carry about, they are also completely ineffective.
- Beating or cutting a body with silver had no effect on the spread of the plague. Neither does self-flagellation, so stop it!
- The folk tale of garlic warding against vampirism is patently false.