|The Book of Fate|
|Title: The Book of Fate|
|Full Title: The Book of Fate|
- Main article: Books (Skyrim)
The pages of this book appear completely blank to the Dragonborn. Whether they truly are blank or not is not known.
According to Calixto, the words displayed on the pages of the Book of Fate reveal the destiny of the reader. Because of this, the words change with each reader. However, when the Dragonborn reads the Book, the pages are blank. Calixto speculates that this may be due to one of two causes. It may be, Calixto suggests, that the Dragonborn may have no preset destiny, unlike the vast majority of Tamriel's inhabitants. Most mortals are predestined to a certain fate, but in a very few cases, the metaphorical, as well as the literal Book of Fate is blank. These individuals, alone among Tamrielites, have the ability to write their own story. If Calixto's tale of the Book is true, the Dragonborn would very likely be just such a person. The second possible cause stated by Calixto, is the fact that the pages appear blank may also sometimes indicate that the reader will soon die. The pages are blank because the reader's destiny has been fulfilled, and their time in Mundus is nearly at an end.
It is also possible that the pages of the Book of Fate appear blank to all readers, because the pages are blank. The Book may very well be of no metaphysical or magical significance whatsoever, merely a prop in a con, with Calixto's suppositions about the Dragonborn's ability to control his own destiny being the same song he sings to every patron of his museum.
- Azura mentions a "book of fate" when giving Azura's Star to the Hero of Kvatch in Oblivion.
- The Book of Fate was known to be found in a secret room within the Arcane University.
- It's content is identical to Ulfr's Book.
This section contains bugs related to The Book of Fate. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The book may sometimes look different out of Dragonborn's inventory than it does while in the inventory. While out, the book also appears to have text on the pages if opened.