|Boots of Springheel Jak|
| Base Value:|
Fortify Acrobatics 50 pts
Permanent +50 to Acrobatics (Springheel Jak glitch). First get the Thieves Guild quest Boots of Springheel Jak and complete the majority of the quest, retrieving the boots. Do not, however, return the boots to the Gray Fox.
Upon obtaining the boots, equip them to get a +50 Acrobatics bonus, then travel to the Shrine of Sanguine and begin the Daedric quest there. Follow through that quest, and get arrested by Leyawiin guards. All possessions will be taken except for key items (which include the Boots).
Serve the sentence, and upon exiting, check the inventory. The Hero should still possess the boots, but when they try to equip them the notice "You cannot equip this item at this time" will appear. However, if the active enchantments are checked, the +50 to Acrobatics* will still be there. Other footwear can be worn, but the enchantment from the Boots of Springheel Jak will remain.
This is even simpler with a Ring of Disrobing from the Shivering Isles expansion. Put the boots on, exit and re-enter the journal and put on the ring, exit the menus and allow the ring to remove the boots (and anything else the Hero may be wearing) and, voila! permanent +50 to Acrobatics. (Some have reported somewhat less than the full 50+ increase but have had a significant permanent increase in acrobatics nonetheless.)
- In the part of the quest The Ultimate Heist, the Boots of Springheel Jak will be destroyed during the escape through the fire grate. However, if the Hero's health and/or Acrobatics is at a higher level, they can survive the fall without the boots. This allows them to keep the boots and use them at any time.
- Another way to keep the boots is to get caught by a guard, after stealing the Scroll. Whether the bounty is paid, or an arrest occurs is irrelevant, either way they will take the Hero out of the palace, and both the Boots, and the Scroll, will remain in the inventory.
- The downside to this is that the boots are quest items and can't be removed.
- Is certainly a nod towards Spring-heeled Jack of British legend.
- If the Shivering Isles DLC has been downloaded, attacking Sheogorath will cause the player to be teleported very high into the air, resulting in a deadly fall. If the Boots of Springheel Jack are equipped, you will survive the fall but the boots will be destroyed. This will allow the player to explore the area, but never escape.