|Borkul the Beast|
After being framed by the Markarth guards, the Dragonborn ends up in Cidhna Mine, where those who have transgressed against the city serve their time by mining silver. As it was the investigation into Madanach and the Forsworn that landed the Dragonborn in prison, they try to gain an audience with the infamous "King in Rags".
To gain passage to Madanach's cell, one must get past Borkul. This can be accomplished by:
- Persuading him.
- Pickpocketing the key to Madanach's cell from him.
- Obtaining a shiv from Grisvar the Unlucky and giving it to Borkul
- Giving him a bottle of Skooma.
- Challenge Borkul to a brawl, who grants passage if he is defeated.
- Kill Borkul outright, (along with all the prisoners who rush to his aid).
- Borkul appears to be wearing Iron Gauntlets along with his Ragged Trousers. How he obtained these in the tightly controlled Cidhna Mine is unknown, probably because of his connection to the Forsworn.
- Borkul is an Orc, or Orsimer, unlike his Forsworn companions who are Breton. He is the only known non-Breton member of the Forsworn.
- If the response is that "his first murder felt good" when Borkul asks what it felt like to kill, then Borkul praises the Dragonborn, supporting the fact that Borkul is a cold-blooded killer.
- In some cases, if you or the guards do not kill him and he escapes the battle in Markarth, he can be found in Druadach Redoubt with the other Forsworn there.
- If Borkul and all the other inmates are killed, the player may not be able to gain access to Madanach, making it impossible to complete the quest.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)