|Bound Battleaxe (Skyrim)|
|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Creates a magic battle axe for 120 seconds. |
Sheathe it to dispel.
Bound Battleaxe is an Apprentice-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. When cast, it summons an ethereal version of the Daedric Battleaxe for 120 seconds. The axe requires two hands to wield and expends Stamina. Sheathing the weapon dispels the axe. Kill Cameras may be performed with Bound weaponry. All bound weapons may be Poisoned. Soul Stealer allows the weapon to cast soul trap on the target. This is useful if the player does not wish to halt combat to equip and cast soul trap.
Skills Casting Bound Battleaxe (in the presence of enemies) levels the Conjuration skill, while landing successful strikes improves the Two-Handed skill. Thus, conjuration governs the magicka cost of the spell, and two-handed governs the damage of the weapon.
The base damage for this weapon is 17, which is increased to a base damage of 22 after the Conjuration skill level 20 perk, Mystic Binding, is applied.
- Soul Stealer - Bound weapons cast Soul Trap on targets automatically when struck.
- Oblivion Binding - Bound Weapons send Conjured Daedra back to Oblivion and turn raised ones.
- Mystic Binding - Increases the base damage of Bound Weapons.
- Also, all Two-Handed Perks that affect battleaxes apply.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 99
- See Spell Tome for a complete list of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Phinis Gestor at the College of Winterhold.
- Falion in Morthal.
- Any court-wizard in the major cities of skyrim.
When summoning the battleaxe, it sometimes does not show up and attacks cannot be made. To remedy this, switch weapons, or use items and cast the spell again. If this is not enough, swap to a different spell, try (and fail) to use it, which changes your stance, then a save and reload will return you to normal (this fix is for PS3).
- If the Power "Beast Form" is available the player can turn werewolf, making attacks possible again. When the effects wear off you can re-equip and attack again. (Save and reload unnecessary)
- It is also possible to avoid this glitch entirely by equipping the spell, going to a first person view, and using the spell. The battleaxe will appear and be usable, and if the player switches to Third Person at this point, they can still utilize the spell. (tested for PS3).
- Using Bound Battleaxe does not grant an increase to Conjuration skill like the Bound Sword will do.
| Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish