|Location||West of Solitude Lighthouse|
Brinewater Grotto is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is a small cave along the northern coast of Skyrim, to the west of Solitude Lighthouse.
The cave is part of a much larger cave but the rest of the area is blocked off by a hidden stone door which can only be opened by going through the East Empire Company Warehouse.
Enter Brinewater Grotto from the beach. Inside is a small pond and three Horkers. They will get aggressive if approached too closely. There is nothing else of note in the grotto. The only way to get to the larger section of the cave is during the related quest.
(On the Lighthouse side)
- An unlocked chest outside in a niche to the right of the entrance.
(On the Trading Company side)
- An easily-missed collection of potions, wine, and alto wine along the right wall scaffolding in the area with the first two enemies.
- Horker meat and tusks if the resident horkers are killed.
- Several chests of varying difficulty in the area around Gulum-Ei.
- An unlocked chest underwater. (by the swiming bandit)
- A Dibella Statue on a shelf.
- A Markarth Guard's & a Solitude Guard's Shield, located on a shelf.
- Slaugtherfish Eggs at regular intervals in the water.
- Wreaked boat on far side of water after dog has barrel with Ingredents.
- Boats by last guards before confrontation have chests.
- On a shelf in the area where Gulum-Ei is found, there is an unusual white lily-like flower that cannot be interected with, and is possibly unique in Skyrim. It is very similar in appearance to the flower depicted in the Dibella Statue.
- Scoundrel's Folly is NOT able to be advanced from this side. Go to the East Empire Company Warehouse side.
- The loot/locked chests respawn.
- Levelled Bandits, found by entering through East Empire Company Warehouse during Scoundrel's Folly, but not from this side.
- Frostbite Spiders.
- Dog (Skyrim).
There are several traps, both bear traps and tripwires.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)