It contains two traps: a Frost rune near the exit to Lake Ilinalta, and a soul gem tha shoots ice spikes near the exit to the road to Whiterun. It is inhabited by five skeletons and a leveled necromancer. It connects North Brittleshin Pass and South Brittleshin Pass.
- Possible location for Totems of Hircine.
- Possible location for Preemptive Strike,DG Rescue,DG and Rescue Mission.
- Possible location for Fetch Me That Book!
- Leveled Soul Gem
- The Warrior's Charge – Conjuration skill book - On the table with the skeleton.
- Randomly enchanted leveled dagger on the table with the skeleton.
- Bone Meal
- Hanging Moss
- Fly Amantia
- Human Heart - On the table to the left of the necromancer, in a wooden bowl.
- Random ingredients in the Apothecary's Satchel, on top of the barrel near the hay pile.
- There are two chests with leveled loot and two iron ore veins here.
- Sometimes, when walking through Whiterun Hold, a guard will say, "Looking to do some hunting, eh? Be sure to stay away from Brittleshin Pass. It's southeast of here." The Dragonborn will then get an alert that their map has been updated.
- Going through the pass is one of the shortest and fastest ways to get to Lake Ilinalta from Whiterun Hold.