It contains two traps: a Frost rune near the exit to Lake Ilinalta, and a soul gem that shoots ice spikes near the exit to the road to Whiterun. It is inhabited by five skeletons and a leveled necromancer. It connects North Brittleshin Pass and South Brittleshin Pass.
Brittleshin Pass is a possible location for the following quests:
- Fetch Me That Book!
- Preemptive Strike DG
- Rescue DG
- Rescue Mission
- Runil's Journal
- Totems of Hircine
- Trouble in Skyrim
- The Warrior's Charge – Conjuration skill book – On the table with the skeleton near the arcane enchanter.
- Bone Meal
- Hanging Moss
- Fly Amantia – Approximately seven to be found
- Human Heart – On the table to the left of the necromancer, in a wooden bowl.
- Random ingredients in the apothecary's satchel, on top of the barrel near the hay pile.
- There are two chests with leveled loot and two iron ore veins here.
- Sometimes, when walking through Whiterun Hold, a guard will say, "Looking to do some hunting, eh? Be sure to stay away from Brittleshin Pass. It's southeast of here." The Dragonborn will then get an alert that their map has been updated.
- Going through the pass is one of the shortest and fastest ways to get to Lake Ilinalta from Whiterun Hold.