Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brother Verulus asks the Dragonborn to investigate the mausoleum where corpses have been found with evidence of being eaten. Inside you will find Eola, who will either attack you or give you the Daedric quest "The Taste of Death," depending on your dialogue choices. If you agree to join the cannabalism cult, you will be given the task to bring Verulus to Reachcliff Cave. After you bring him there, Eola will appear to somehow hypnotize Verulus into sleeping on the altar, and she will give you the task to kill Verulus and feast on his corpse. After doing so, Namira will present you with the Ring of Namira.
Alternatively, you still have the option to save Verulus at the last minute and kill Eola, which will fail the quest. Verulus will suddenly stand up from the altar and aid you in the ensuing fight with the cultists, and after everything settles down, he will give you a leveled amount of gold as a reward for saving him.
Siding with the Stormcloaks in the Civil War causes Thongvor to become Jarl of Markarth. Because of this, the two will not be seen arguing in Understone Keep. Instead, Brother Verulus is found near the entrance to the Hall of the Dead.
|Verulus' Base Stats|
If you choose to never bring Brother Verulus back to the altar then you will have a constant follower. You can't use him to carry anything but he will fight for you in any situation and because he is a "quest item" he can't be killed.
- Main article: Multiple Followers
Brother Verulus is one of the quest characters that can be given equipment and exploited to follow the Dragonborn throughout Skyrim along with a follower of their choice. Just like Enmon, he can be commanded to do tasks and be told to also wear a full set of Daedric armor. He is invincible (until he arrives at Reachcliff Cave) and does not require enchantments unless it is at one's sole discretion.
Hall of the DeadEdit
Thongvor "What are you hiding, priest?"
Verulus "I'm not hiding anything. Its closed for a reason."
Thongvor "Typical Imperial lies. First you take away Talos, and now keep us from seeing our honored dead? You and the Jarl will answer for any desecration of my ancestors' bodies!"
Verulus "That's enough, Thongvor. We're done."
- "You're my... friend..." —Said while in Reachcliff Cave.
- "I've been invited to dinner... I'm so hungry..." —Response to Eola attempting to sacrifice him.
- "I need to lay down. I'll just be a minute..." —Said as he is making his way towards the altar in the The Taste of Death.
- By holding down the talk button to interact with Brother Verulus, he can be commanded just like a follower. He can even pick up better weapons than the one he has, making him a useful exploitable follower.
- Killing Verulus after he has been saved from Eola will cause a courier to find the Dragonborn the next time they fast travel, with a letter from Jarl Igmund stating that Verulus has left them with an inheritance.
This section contains bugs related to Brother Verulus. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the door to the Hall of the Dead has been opened and one walks in immediately after the key is accquired, Verulus will follow in and keep repeating "I don't think you belong here. I think you should leave." while the Dragonborn talks to Eola. If spoken to after Eola leaves, he asks what happened inside the Hall of the Dead, although he was (and still is) inside it.
- Brother Verulus might not follow the Dragonborn after he has been bribed (later in the quest).
- Fix: One can have him attack, and take him all the way to the cave's entrance, however, he won't follow into the cave. A work around is to use the front entrance instead of the rear entrance.
- After completing his quest by killing Eola, Brother Verulus may remain in the front room of Understone Keep and initiate conversation every time the Dragonborn walks by.
- If the bar-keeper at the Silver-Blood Inn has been spoken to about rumors and one has already talked to Verulus, the quest Talk To Verulus will still be given and remain active throughout the game.
- He may not follow out of Broken Oar Grotto, while other companions exit freely. Fast travel may not correct this. Reinitiating conversation with him, leaving, then fast travelling again may work.