Calcelmo is an Altmer Conjurer who can be found in Understone Keep where his nephew, Aicantar, helps him in the laboratory. He has a great interest in the Dwemer and is the author of many scholarly works about them.
Calcelmo owns the Dwemer Museum and has been excavating Nchuand-Zel. As a scholar of Dwemer history and culture, he has written several books about them, including Dwarves, v1, Dwarves, v2, and Dwarves, v3. He also is an expert on the Falmer, having deciphered most of their language.
Bring a Dwarven item to CalcelmoEdit
After the Dragonborn buys the first piece of the Dwarven armor set, or the first Dwarven weapon, including Dwarven Bolts and arrows, a courier shows up with a letter from Calcelmo asking for one to be brought to him. Finding, stealing, looting, or crafting does not trigger the courier.
When the item is taken to Calcelmo in Understone Keep, it can be sold to him through dialogue. Calcelmo may be persuaded to pay more. However, if the dialogue option, "Not good enough. I'll hold onto this. You'll need to find another one," is chosen, that particular deal will be cancelled and can never be reinitiated.
Bring an execution hood to CalcelmoEdit
During the Dark Brotherhood questline the Dragonborn will be taken to the abandoned shack, where one of the prisoners in the shack may be killed. An execution hood can be taken from the corpse. If the hood is sold to a vendor then purchased back, the Dragonborn will receive a note from a courier saying that Calcelmo would like to buy the hood, similarly to a Dwarven weapon.
Delivery to CalcelmoEdit
When talking to Kerah, she will ask the Dragonborn to deliver a ring to Calcelmo. Afterwards, the ring may be bought from Calcelmo.
In order to gain access to the Dwemer Museum, the Dragonborn must have Calcelmo's permission either through Speech, by having helped Calcelmo with a previous quest (see below), or by pickpocketing the key from him.
Calcelmo grants access to Nchuand-Zel after the Dragonborn kills Nimhe.
- Ancient Falmer Tomes
- Calcelmo's Stone and Calcelmo's Stone Rubbing
- He is voiced by George Coe, the same actor who voiced Tolfdir and Calixto Corrium.
- Calcemo's offering price of Dwarven items seems to be based on the base price of the item, which means it is not worth selling enchanted items to him.
This section contains bugs related to Calcelmo. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When bringing a Dwarven item to Calcelmo, after he is asked for a better price, the conversation may be exited after a successful persuasion, therefore resetting the conversation, while still improving the Speech skill. This may be exploited for virtually unlimited level increases in Speech.
- Calcelmo may sell his own ring when asked for what he has for sale