|Services||Museum tours |
Calixto Corrium is a male Imperial shopkeeper in Windhelm. As the owner of "Calixto's House of Curiosities", in Windhelm, he offers tours of the items he and his sister collected during their travels in Tamriel. He offers tours of the trinkets they collected for two .
During his adult life, his parents died of unknown causes, bequeathing a large fortune to Calixto and his sister. Traveling Tamriel, they collected several rare items, such as the Book of Fate. Shortly after settling in Windhelm, his sister died, and he opened a curiosity shop in her name, to display their collection.
Blood on the IceEdit
Calixto is a museum owner, dubbed "The Butcher" by Viola Giordano. He kills women to perform necromantic rituals, in hopes of resurrecting his dead sister. One of his victims was Friga, the twin sister of Nilsine Shatter-Shield (And possibly Fjotli Cruel-Sea). Before coming to Windhelm, he was an adventurer, traveling and collecting artifacts and oddities. He criticizes the college mages for dabbling in magic with which they are already familiar, glamorizing the possible innovations of necromancy.
Crime scene and journalEdit
He appears at the scene of Susanna the Wicked's murder. When questioned by the Dragonborn, he says he saw the culprit run off. When the Dragonborn discovers a Strange Amulet at Hjerim, he or she is directed towards Calixto. Calixto claims the amulet belongs to Wuunferth the Unliving and lies when he states that the court-wizard dabbled in necromancy before serving the Jarl. The Dragonborn can accuse Wuunferth of the crime, but he or she can also discover a hidden chest in Calixto's shop with the "real" edition of the Butcher Journal.
Learning the true culpritEdit
Speaking to Wuunferth in the dungeons of the Palace of the Kings, the Dragonborn learns the murders in Windhelm have continued since the court-wizard's incarceration. Suspecting the killer will strike again that same night, he sends The Dragonborn to the Stone Quarter, where they find Calixto attempting to kill a random female. Preventing the murder, Calixto is killed and the murderous streak brought to an end. If not stopped in time he will kill the woman then run to Hjerim, where he will be hostile to the Dragonborn upon entering (or you could just kill him before he runs to Hjerim.)
Stealing from Calixto may prompt him to hire thugs to teach the thief a lesson.
- During Blood on the Ice, after obtaining the Strange Amulet, it's possible to sell it to Calixto, then pickpocket it back, then sell it to him again endlessly for 500 gold each time. This can be easily exploited for a lot of money, as well as easily training Pickpocket. (Confirmed for XBOX 360)
- If Calixto is asked to give a tour while not in his house, he may enter the building, leaving the door locked behind him. The lock can be picked, after which the tour may or may not resume normally.
During The Blood on the Ice quest he may become immortal and stay in the Dragonborn's house in Windhelm, and every time it is entered he will attack.
- Also during the same quest, he may not attempt to murder someone but start running like a normal civilian. Both attacking and killing him will add bounty and guards will start attacking the Dragonborn.
- Edit: New patch to skyrim for xbox 360 pickpocketing this item more than a couple times is not possible, unless you have the pickpocketing skills unlocked to a higher degree. I just recently figured out that you can still do this glitch, but when you click the dialogue where you sell the strange amulet back out of the conversation and go to your inventory and drop the strange amulet on the ground. Crouch after he gives you the money and "steal" the amulet back. Keep selling the amulet this way it works :) ( FOR XBOX 360 ) Not sure if it works for other systems or not.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)