Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Call Dragon is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
This shout is given to the Dragonborn near the end of the main story quest "The Fallen" in order to call the dragon Odahviing to capture him inside Dragonsreach. At the end of the main quest, Odahviing will land on the Throat of the World and engage in a dialogue, stating his loyalty to the Dragonborn. After this, by using the shout, the Dragonborn can call Odahviing to aid in battle while outdoors anywhere in Skyrim, effectively granting the ability to summon a dragon.
Odahviing will stay with the Dragonborn until all threats to them are eliminated. Odahviing is invincible, though when he has taken enough damage, he will drop to the ground, unable to fight until the battle is over, and will leave after all threats are eliminated. If desired, a restorative spell can be used to bring Odahviing's health to above half to allow him to take back to the skies.
If he is called while on Solstheim, Odahviing will not appear, likely because of the distance between Skyrim and Solstheim.
- This Shout has no effect unless all three words are used.
- This Shout makes the Stormcloak/Imperial gauntlet style quests, where a Fort must be cleared of hostiles until their numbers dwindle to nothing, fairly easy.
- Odahviing may attack the Dragonborn's horse if it is present.
- Odahviing's fire breath can kill a companion if they are directly in his way.
- If Dawnguard is installed, Summon Durnehviir can be used when fighting a fire-oriented dragon or being, as Odahviing is fire and does not have any advantage over them, while Durnehviir is a frost dragon and possesses a significant advantage over any kind of fire type being.
- If Dragonborn is installed, Odahviing can be ridden into battle.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|