|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Creatures and people up to level 9 won't fight for 30 seconds.|
Calm (Skyrim) is an Apprentice-level Illusion spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that reduces the target's inclination to attack for 30 seconds. The magnitude is the level affected – the spell only works on Characters/creatures up to the level specified. Undead, Daedra and automatons cannot be calmed without the Master of the Mind perk.
- This spell is useful if the player accidentally cause a character to attack (whether through a quest, by assaulting them, or by using Frenzy), or if the player wishes to talk to an adversary (accidental or not) who will not yield.
- If the player needs time to self-heal or recover from fatigue, Calm may hold a creature or person fairly still allowing the time to recover.
- If the player is taking on two enemies at once, calm may be used on one of them while attacking the other; however, attacking the target will raise its aggression level, so further calming will be required.
- Also useful when the player's vampirism causes nearby characters to be hostile.
- The player can also exploit this spell to level up their illusion skill.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 91
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Purchase the tome from one of the following merchants:
A magically enchanted staff contains the Calm spell-effect. The effect of this staff is slightly weaker than the spell, with a magnitude of 8 instead of 9. Other unique staves include Calm effects, these include:
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (First appearance)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
| Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|