Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Calm is an apprentice-level Illusion spell that reduces the target's inclination to attack for 30 seconds. The magnitude is the level affected – the spell only works on characters and creatures up to the level specified. Undead, Daedra and automatons cannot be calmed without the Master of the Mind perk.
- This spell is useful if the Dragonborn accidentally causes a character to attack (whether through a quest, by assaulting them, or by using Frenzy), or if they wish to talk to an adversary (accidental or not) who will not yield.
- If the Dragonborn needs time to self-heal or recover from fatigue, Calm may hold a creature or person fairly still allowing the time to recover.
- If the Dragonborn is taking on two enemies at once, calm may be used on one of them while attacking the other; however, attacking the target will raise its aggression level, so further calming will be required.
- This spell can be used to exploit for leveling Illusion.
- This spell can be cast on a target for backstabbing. They will stand in their normal place and not react to the Dragonborn's presence.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 91
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Purchase the tome from one of the following merchants:
A magically enchanted staff contains the Calm spell-effect. The effect of this staff is slightly weaker than the spell, with a magnitude of 8 instead of 9. Other unique staves include Calm effects, these include:
- Using Calm on a non-hostile target may cause them to become hostile, which can be fixed by a second application of the spell.
- Wielding this spell gives off a small amount of light that can affect detection.
|Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vampire's Seduction • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|