Caltrops is an Alliance War skill in the Assault skill line in The Elder Scrolls Online. It becomes available at Assault Rank 6.
- Hurl an exploding ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing __ Physical Damage each second and reducing Movement Speed by 30%.
- Also rapidly drains mount stamina and forces riders to dismount.
- Increased duration (35s) and forces mounted enemies to dismount.
- U6: Increased the duration of this ability by 5 seconds, and fixed a minor grammar issue in the upgrade text.
- Hurl an exploding ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing __ Physical Damage and an additional __ Physical Damage each second.
- Also reduces Movement Speed for enemies in the target area by 70% for 3 seconds and even after that continues to reduce Movement Speed by 30% until the caltrops expire.
- When the caltrops land, enemies in the area take additional damage and are snared.
- Increased duration (35s)
- U5: Fixed an issue where this ability was dealing less damage than Caltrops.
- U3: This now shows a red ring on the ground when cast by an enemy in Cyrodiil 
- U4: As of Update 4, this ability no longer removes the Nightblade active skill, Shadow Cloak 
- U5: Your cloak will no longer be removed if you cast Caltrops, then cast Shadow Cloak.
- U5: This ability now shows a red telegraph to enemy player characters. 
- U6: This ability now correctly applies damage every second to enemies, and will no longer cause you to display a hit reaction for each damage tick. 
- U6: Fixed a minor grammar issue in the upgrade text.