When cast, Candlelight produces a hovering orb of light follows the caster, staying luminous for 60 seconds. It uses a small portion of the caster's magicka and need only be used once a minute to keep an area lit.
When dual cast, the duration of the spell increases to two minutes and twelve seconds. When used in conjunction with the Stability perk, the light orb lasts for about 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Candlelight is the magical version of a held torch, except better in almost every way, with only one additional downside.
- Like all learned spells, it is weightless, infinitely reusable, and hands-free. The glowing orb produced also hovers out of the way over one's head instead of staying in the field of view like a torch. Like the torch, it goes away in time, but unlike a torch, it can not be put away to decrease the likelihood of being detected — it must expire on its own.
- It is very effective in any dark location, though places with ubiquitous spider webs can become exceedingly bright, which can prevent loot from being detected.
- It's extremely useful inside some Black Books where the Dragonborn needs some source of light to avoid taking damage while stepping into dark areas.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 44
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- In Skyrim
- Find in Fort Snowhawk
- May be purchased from:
- There is no way to cancel the effect of the spell other than waiting until the spell duration is over.
- The lighting effect makes the caster easier to detect when invisible, while sneaking, or when a bounty has been accrued.
|Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Midden Torch • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Ash Shell • Ash Rune|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|