- Just southwest of Ruins of Bthalft.
- East of Autumnwatch Tower, just below the snowline.
- Northwestern coast of Skyrim, just north of Solitude, in the shoreline between the Solitude Lighthouse and the northwestern limits of the map.
- Around the swamp area southeast of Folgunthur, at least six plants were found.
- Around the area of The Apprentice Stone at least eight plants were found.
- Outside of Pinepeak Cavern if one follows the river down the waterfall one plant can be found near the base of the waterfall. Keep following the river to find more plants check both sides of the river.
- Around Morthal.
- Three can be found on a shelf inside Faralda's room inside the Hall of Countenance at the College of Winterhold.
- One can be found between rocks to right of Riften Stables.
- One can be found in front of a rock by the shoreline at Merryfair Farm.
- Four can be found around the cliff face by the unmarked watchtowers alongside the road leading to Riften Stables.
- One can be found in front of the last house with the adept locked chest at Northwind Summit, a second can be found if one climbs the mountain directly behind the house to the left of the Word Wall there is one next to a tree.
- Two can be found east of Fort Greenwall along the road in front of two separate rock faces.
- Several can be found by traveling the river that runs from Ivarstead to Riften.
- Six can be found around rocky outcrops when traveling from Autumnshade Clearing to the lake to the south.
- Two can be found outside Greenwall Cave.
- Two can be found in Shor's Stone one behind Filnjar's house and one to the right of cobblestone path leading south.
- One is found at the entrance to Snapleg Cave.
- Three can be found just southeast of Angarvunde. One can also be found within Agarvunde Catacombs.
- One can be found on top of the Enchanting table in Fort Amol.
|Damage Stamina||Fortify One-Handed||Fortify Archery||Paralysis|
† multiple effects
- Canis is Latin for "dog."
- It is believed that smearing crushed Canis Root on trees surrounding a home repels Werebears.
- The sorcerer Neloth of Tel Mithryn is fond of Canis Root tea, and is displeased that his new steward does not make a decent cup of it.
- It may be a reference to "Tannis Root," the fictional herb from the 1968 Horror Film Rosemary's Baby.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online