She says that she gets a lot of attention from men, but all that matters to her is her daughter, Mila. If the Dragonborn sides with the Stormcloaks or stays neutral, Carlotta will mention that they have been harassing her.
Carlotta can give an unmarked quest in which the bard in the Bannered Mare, Mikael, is told to leave her alone by the Dragonborn. He can be persuaded, bribed, or defeated in a brawl for a leveled reward.
Closing up earlyEdit
Carlotta: "I'm afraid not, little fairy. The fruit has about another day left before it spoils. We've got to sell as much as we can, as soon as we can."
Mila: "That's what you always say."
Carlotta: "Because it's always true."
Mila: "Can we at least go to the tavern for supper?"
Carlotta: "Tsk. And to think, I was going to feed you cabbages and apples again. Yes, little fairy, we can go to the tavern for supper."
Brenuin: "That's right, mock the town beggar like everyone else. But I've got a right to browse, don't I? I ain't hurtin' anyone."
Carlotta: "Make it quick, then. I don't want your stink driving my customers away."
Brenuin: "The gods smile on them who show charity. Best you remember that."
Heart of MaraEdit
Brenuin: "Oh, the fruit looks so good. So juicy."
Carlotta: "No handouts today, Brenuin. Now scat. You'll scare off my paying customers."
Brenuin: "Oh, just one apple, Carlotta? Just one tiny apple. I'll pay you tomorrow, I swear it."
Carlotta: "That's what you said last week, and the week before that. Now go, before I call a guard."
Brenuin: "No, no! Don't do that. No need to do that. I'm going. See? I'm leaving. No guards, please."
Carlotta: "Look, come back tomorrow, okay? If I have anything left that's not sold or spoiled, you can have it."
Brenuin: "You've got the heart of Mara herself, you know that? Thank you, Carlotta. Thank you."
Carlotta: "Aren't they? I always set some aside for myself when the traders bring them up from the south."
Ysolda: "I'm sure you could charge double for those and still sell them all within a week."
Carlotta: "You're right. I'll have to remember that the next time I get a shipment in."
Scarcity of suppliesEdit
Carlotta: "I had to. The farmers are charging me double for the produce I sell."
Olfina: "Let me guess, they're saying it's because of this trouble with the Stormcloaks?"
Carlotta: "Exactly. Road patrols were cut in half because the Jarl needed soldiers. Now the bandits are bolder than ever. They've been raiding the farms for food, and supplies are scarcer than ever. Maybe I should sell swords and armor, instead."
Olfina: "Maybe, but they wouldn't taste as good as a loaf of fresh-baked pumpernickel."
Carlotta: "I get them fresh from the farms daily, Nazeem."
Nazeem: "If you were getting them from my farm, they'd be twice as fresh."
- "Ripe fruit and fresh vegetables for sale! Straight from the fields and orchards of Whiterun, to your table!"
- "I've got a hungry daughter to feed, so selling my produce is really the only thing I care about."
- "I hope you're looking at me like that because you want to buy something."
- "Fresh-baked loaves! Still warm from the oven!"
- "Remember, fresh fruit and vegetables every day!"
- "I've really got to be going."
- "I think I hear my daughter calling."
- "Thanks for the business."
- Like other NPCs, Carlotta can follow the Dragonborn into their home in Whiterun. If this happens, she will go into more detail about her daughter's location.
- Unlike many other beds, hers can be slept in (possibly because she was originally supposed to be a potential spouse).
- Her stall has a "Loot" Shadowmark on it.
- She was voiced by Colleen Delany.
This section contains bugs related to Carlotta Valentia. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- married (via console commands), and asked to move, her daughter (Mila) will stay behind in Whiterun. If
- Investor perk. Despite her dialogue indicating that she is dedicated to making enough money to take care of her daughter, the player is unable to invest in her business with the
- inheritances from Carlotta if she is killed. The first can be received after her death, and as long as that inheritance is received, another can be received from a Courier after she becomes an ash pile if her body is reanimated as a zombie. It is possible for the player to collect two
- Sometimes she will appear next to Severio Pelagia's House as if she was next to her stall.