Carriages are a type of transport in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Carriages fast travel the Dragonborn between Skyrim's major cities for a small fee. Over-encumbered individuals cannot use this mode of travel.
Picking an undiscovered city prompts the driver to give information about it. Unlike fast traveling, which limits travel only to discovered locations, carriages can be used to reach cities that have not been visited previously, shortening walking time considerably.
- Kibell - Markarth Stables
- Thaer - Solitude Stables
- Bjorlam - Whiterun Stables
- Alfarinn - Windhelm Stables
- Sigaar - Riften Stables
Sometimes after riding it may permanently change the view by making it having a smaller view.
- Solution: Reload previous saves.
- If the carriage driver is murdered, he does not respawn.
- Sometimes the carriage driver only offers half of the possible destinations.
- The initiation of the loading screen after boarding usually cuts the driver's dialogue short. E.g., "Solitude is famous for its Bard's College. Some of them can sing just---".
- Sometimes when you are over encumbered you can engage in dialogue with the carriage driver to go to a destination, but once you climb on to the carriage nothing happens and the carriage driver keeps urging you to climb on to the carriage.
- Sometimes you will only see the driver's seat and the driver.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)