Carriages are a type of transport in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Carriages fast travel the Dragonborn between Skyrim's major cities for a small fee. Over-encumbered individuals cannot use this mode of travel.
Picking an undiscovered city prompts the driver to give information about it. Unlike fast traveling, which limits travel only to discovered locations, carriages can be used to reach cities that have not been visited previously, shortening walking time considerably.
- Kibell - Markarth Stables
- Thaer - Katla's Farm (Solitude)
- Bjorlam - Whiterun Stables
- Alfarinn - Windhelm Stables
- Sigaar - Riften Stables
- Engar - Windstad manor (Hearthfire)
- Gunjar - Lakeview Manor (Hearthfire)
- Markus - Heljarchen Hall (Hearthfire)
Sometimes after riding it may permanently change the view by making it having a smaller view.
- Solutions; Reload a previous save.
- Open the start menu Quest Log, select Square to 'Show on Map' a quest objective marker, this forces the Map to open, where you can then fast travel to the carriage you were from, use the carriage and jump off the back without travelling anywhere i.e. paying. This resets the camera.
- If the carriage driver is murdered, he does not respawn.
- Sometimes when shooting arrows at the horse at Hearthfire homes, a bounty will be applied to Whiterun, regardless of the hold you're in. The carriage driver will also get off of the carriage, then get right back on.
- Sometimes the carriage driver only offers half of the possible destinations.
- The initiation of the loading screen after boarding usually cuts the driver's dialogue short. E.g., "Solitude is famous for its Bard's College. Some of them can sing just---".
- Sometimes when you are over encumbered or in god mode you can engage in dialogue with the carriage driver to go to a destination, but once you climb on to the carriage nothing happens and the carriage driver keeps urging you to climb on to the carriage.
- Sometimes you will only see the driver's seat and the driver.
- If you are using Godmode, and are overencumbered, the driver will take your money and ask you to climb in the back, but nothing will happen upon doing so.