|Cats of Skyrim|
|Title: Cats of Skyrim|
|Full Title: Cats of Skyrim|
- Main article: Books (Skyrim)
Known locations (Skyrim)Edit
- The Arcanaeum.
- Helgen Keep - cupboard in the potion room.
- Honningbrew Meadery - in the upstairs bookshelf behind an Adept-level locked door.
- Riverside Shack - amidst the stack of books on the table.
- Solitude - on the middle floor of the Bard's College on a bookshelf in one of the bedrooms.
- Solitude - on the shelf in Angeline's Aromatics.
- Riften - on a bottom shelf in Sibbi Black-Briar's jail cell.
- In the children's room of Proudspire Manor, Solitude.
- On a shelf in Castle Volkihar.
- Fort Dawnguard - on a shelf.
- Blue Palace in Solitude.
I have been sent to this frigid wasteland to catalogue and study and of its indigenous cats, which has so far been uneventful. After months of wandering I have so far only encountered some variations of the same basic species.'l
In my travels I have encountered several Khajiit outcast from their clans that have taken up residence in Skyrim. They have been most unhelpful, probably for fear I'd expose their locations. I can't say I'm surprised that there are few Khajiit here, it's cold and unwelcoming.
Sabrecats are basic giant cats that have evolved two dangerously sharp front teeth.
The average sabrecat has a reddish brown fur which it uses to blend into grassy regions, but I have observed them skulking and sleeping on rocks so I don't believe the fur is for camouflage.
The primary attacks of the sabrecat are its biting attack, but it can also briefly rear up to attack with its front claws. I have also seen it pounce forward on its prey in a particularly powerful attack.
The snowy version of the sabrecat has spotted white fur which I believe it uses more for stalking more than its cousin in the plains.
The tooth of the cat is rumored to be useful in potions that restore the imbibers stamina as well as a potion that will temporarily give a more keen eye for smithing.
Any skillful hunter can usually salvage the pelts and teeth of their kill, but report that the meat is tasteless and not fit to eat.