The Chaurus Chitin is found on Chaurus, Chaurus Reapers, and Chaurus Hunters in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Like dragon bones and scales, chaurus chitin cannot be sold to blacksmiths without the Merchant perk, but general goods merchants and alchemy shops will buy it.
Chaurus Chitin can be used to improve Falmer armor and weapons.
With the addition of Hearthfire, they can also be used to make a taxidermied Chaurus in the trophyroom.
This section contains bugs related to Chaurus Chitin. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Confirm all bugs with other editors on the talk page before adding them below.
- Always try reloading an old save first, before asking for assistance.
- Do not discuss possible bug fixes or origins. Leave those and all other first-person-anecdotes on the talk page, not the article.
- Always add 360 , PS3 , or PC to clarify which system the bug appears on.
- A glitch may cause Chaurus Chitin to appear in the "Food" section of the inventory, making it a consumable (complete with "eating" sound effects) with no apparent subsequent effects.