Burguk became the leader of his tribe after killing his father in one-on-one combat, who had become too old and weak to rule. Burguk states that one day, his own son will challenge and defeat him when the time comes. This custom ensures that the leaders of Dushnikh Yal are always strong and worthy.
As chief, Burguk is the only male in the entirety of the stronghold who may have wives and father children. He is the most respected member of the community due to this.
He has three children in total: Nagrub, Arob's son and apprentice; Umurn, Gharol's son and apprentice; and Lash gra-Dushnikh, Gharol's daughter who ran away to Karthwasten. He has no children with Shel as of yet.
If the Dragonborn is not an Orc, retrieving The Forgemaster's Fingers for the stronghold will prompt Chief Burguk to name him or her blood-kin of the Orcs, and offer master-level training in one-handed weapons.
Burguk: "I saw you working the forge today, wife. Your muscles have grown strong from the metal shaping!"
Gharol: "Do they, my chief? Am I now favored enough to replace Shel by your side at the feast? Back your words with action!"
Burguk: "No more talk of Shel. As chief, I will do what I please, so point your fiery gaze to our enemies."
Burguk: "Tell me, mother, does Malacath favor our stronghold?"
Murbul: "He is pleased. Ours is the strongest tribe in all the Reach."
Shel: "My chief, Gharol threatens to have me work in the mines. You won't allow my pretty hands to dirty, will you?"
Burguk: "No, my wife. You have been given other gifts to please your chief than mine work. I will talk to Gharol and all will be well."
Shel: "Oh, thank you my chief!"
- "You speak to Burguk, chief of Dushnikh Yal."
- "You need steel? Speak to my forge-wife, Gharol."
- "Need a poison for your hunting? My mother, Murbul, knows several."
- "This stronghold respects strength, and strength alone."
This section contains bugs related to Chief Burguk. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When brawling with him, he may flee to a different part of the camp, out of sight. If the Dragonborn can catch up to him it will be a normal fight and he will use weapons. No one else will interfere and if not careful he will be killed during the brawl. If killed, the other orcs will act as if they do not know how he was killed, no bounty or hostility will be acquired.
- Characters are usually scripted to stand clear from a brawl, but occasionally an Orc will approach the fight and get in the way. If struck by a punch, the Dragonborn is slapped with a bounty and all the orcs turn hostile.
- Dialog option to train in One-Handed may disappear.
- If the Dragonborn accepts a brawl challenge while wearing the Ebony Mail, the entire family will become hostile towards him/her, and a bounty will be placed.