He is one of the three people the Vestige has to talk to at the market to find out what the note they found means.
- Christoph Lamont: Welcome, friend. You can't get better fruits or vegetables anywhere in Daggerfall. I guarantee it!
- The Vestige: I found this list. Do you have three blood oranges?
- Christoph Lamont: Look, I don't want any trouble. That's a phrase used by the King's intelligence network. It means someone's going to get killed. I don't want to know anything more. Just leave me out of this.
- The Vestige: I have a few other phrases to ask about.
- Christoph Lamont: I said leave me alone! Take your questions and go. I'm not involved in this. This sounds like something that Roy would want to know about.
- The Vestige: I discovered the meaning of all the items on the list. Where should I report this? Tell me more about what you do.
- Christoph Lamont: Well, not to me. Talk to someone official, like Captain Aresin. He's over at the bottom of the castle steps. I don't know what else is on that list, but this feels like treacherous business.
- The Vestige: Tell me more about what you do.
- Christoph Lamont: I sell the best fruits and vegetables in Daggerfall. Lots of people come by. I talk and I listen. Then I talk to my friends, like Roy. As for other people? Maybe they should decide what they're going to do, now that they know so much.
- The Vestige: Who's Roy?
- Christoph Lamont: Damned persistent, aren't you? Roy's a friend. I trust him. People I don't know, I don't trust. And I don't know you.