Circlets are made from precious metals such as silver and gold, and precious gems, such as emeralds and sapphires. While most NPCs do not wear circlets, many of the Jarls do, barring Ulfric Stormcloak and Idgrod Ravencrone, who do not wear a circlet. Circlets also vary slightly in size from each other; the Copper and Moonstone circlet being slightly larger in size than the Copper and Onyx circlet.
Both unenchanted and enchanted circlets can be found as random loot in dungeons, and enchanted ones can be bought from general goods merchants. Occasionally, they may be a reward for completing a side quest or miscellaneous quest. Unlike most other jewelry, they cannot be bought at most jewelers (for instance, Madesi) and circlets cannot be crafted at a blacksmith forge.
- Certain enchantments can be placed on circlets, such as the Waterbreathing and Fortify Archery enchantments.
- Circlets count as clothing, and thus the benefits of the Alteration perk "Mage Armor" are received with circlets equipped.
- Circlets are one of the few types of headgear that may be worn with the Archmage's Robes, which comes with a hood and prevents the wearing of most head pieces.
|Copper and Moonstone Circlet||0||2||100|
|Copper and Onyx Circlet||0||2||50|
|Copper and Ruby Circlet||0||2||150|
|Copper and Sapphire Circlet||0||2||200|
|Gold and Emerald Circlet||0||2||500|
|Gold and Ruby Circlet||0||2||450|
|Jade and Emerald Circlet||0||2||350|
|Jade and Sapphire Circlet||0||2||300|
|Silver and Moonstone Circlet||0||2||250|
|Silver and Sapphire Circlet||0||2||400|
|Diadem of the Savant||7||4||505|
|Revyn Sadri's Copper and Onyx Circlet||0||2||88|
- Although they appear in circlets, the blue moonstone, onyx, and jade materials do not appear in any other part of the game, including other jewelry.
This section contains bugs related to Circlets. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Circlets can be worn with the Penitus Oculatus helmet or a Falmer Helmet (but not a Falmer Hardened Helm) while the benefits from both items will still be retained.
- Khajiit heads without a hairstyle, circlets "hover" over an inch in the back of human and elven heads with the "shaved" hairstyle. Although they shrink to fit
- Argonian heads properly: they fit on the forehead fine, though they clip in quite noticeably in the back of the head. Circlets do not fit