Clairvoyance is a Novice-level Illusion spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. When cast, it draws a line of blue energy to the current objective. If multiple quests are active, Clairvoyance shows the nearest one. The line is short and lights part of the path to the nearest objective. The spell must be recast several times along the way to the objective, so as to reanimate the lighted path. If there is a gate that must be unlocked by a lever or a key, the spell will not be able to direct to the correct path. It lights the way as far as possible in the direction of a perfect route, but not to where the unlocking mechanism is.
Spell tome Edit
- Weight: 1
- Value: 50
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Find in Skyrim
This section contains bugs related to Clairvoyance. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Running on low graphics may make the blue line impossible to see.
- Will sometimes lead you places (even underground) even if that's not where you want to go. In the Ratway, it may lead you through a wall.
- The blue line created by the spell may not disappear after using the spell. This appears to only happen if you save whilst using Clairvoyance.
- Will sometimes lead you one way and then lead you back the opposite direction in some areas, making the spell unreliable.
- When traveling long distances, clairvoyance may not show the fastest route. (Ex. From Whiterun to Ivarstead. Clairvoyance takes you around the north side of the Throat of The World when in fact there's a faster route going around the south side of the mountain.)
|Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|