The Clannfear's heavy strike and Reflect Damage makes it especially deadly to melee fighters. Fighting it from a distance is advised. Counteracting its reflect capabilities with magic is also advisable.
Clannfear prefer to engage foes in a bee-line strike. Standing still is not effective against this tactic. Summoning Daedra or Undead can serve to distract them, while the caster flanks the clannfear.
Those with low Agility can be staggered or knocked back by their headbutt attacks.
- Paralysis spells help with dispatching them. Spells such as drain may deplete their fatigue, forcing them to remain inert, while ranged magic or arrows can be used.
- Additionally, like most Daedra, they suffer penalties when struck with shock spells.
- Clannfear may find it difficult to climb some steeper stairs, such as those in the Kvatch gatehouse. Climbing up stairs and using magic or ranged attacks is quite effective, though the Clannfear may lunge towards their attacker.
- Reflect damage
- Resist fire
- Weakness to shock
Clannfear Runts are smaller and weaker than normal Clannfears and don't drop Clannfear Claws. They don't appear in Oblivion Gates after the Hero hits high levels. They are level 5.
Using the Expert level Conjuration spell Summon Clannfear, players can summon Clannfear. These Clannfear do not drop Clannfear Claws, but they can be soul trapped. Xivilai, Dremora, and Mythic Dawn cultists can summon them.
- A stuffed Clannfear can be obtained with the Battlehorn Castle plug-in if several Clannfear Claws are given to Melisi Daren.
- The Clannfear appears to be a mixture of a real-life Triceratops and a Velociraptor.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Construction Set 
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (First appearance)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|