|3 - 8|
- Main article: Creatures (Morrowind)
Cliff Racers are creatures found on Vvardenfell.
The long-tailed cliff racer is an aggressive, dangerous flying creature with a large vertical sail along its spine. Racer plumes from the native bird-like cliff racer are used locally and throughout the Empire as decorations for garments and household goods.
Sometime near the end of the Third Era, the cliff-racers were driven out of Vvardenfell by Saint Jiub. However, they were not driven out of the rest of Morrowind, since Mjoll the Lioness remarks on how she used to hunt cliff-racers for sport with her father.
- 40% chance to drop Racer Plumes.
- Diseased Cliff Racer: A variation of Cliff Racer from which Helljoint can be contracted.
- Blighted Cliff Racer: A variant from which Ash-chancre can be contracted.
- The Nerevarine is ignored by the cliff racers when they are swimming.
- Despite their name, Cliff Racers are encountered in nearly every outdoor location on Vvardenfell. They make common appearances in the wilderness, especially at higher levels and will often swarm the player.
- In The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon, there is a dead cliff racer hanging in the ceiling of the Hall in the Skaal Village.
- In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, there is an intoxicated Dark Elf citizen in the city of Cheydinhal that will wander around and sing a song about Cliff Racers.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Talen-Jei in the Bee and Barb in Riften sells a drink called the Cliff Racer.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mjoll the Lioness makes mention of them, saying "When I was young, I'd journey with my father on hunting expeditions into Morrowind. The cliff racers made for excellent sport."
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard, Saint Jiub tells how he slew all of the Cliff Racers on Vvardenfell, and for this deed was crowned a saint by the public.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)|
|Animals||Alit • Betty Netch • Bull Netch • Cliff Racer • Dreugh • Guar • Kagouti • Mudcrab • Nix-Hound • Rat • Shalk • Silt Strider • Slaughterfish|
|Ash Creatures||Ascended Sleeper • Ash Ghoul • Ash Slave • Ash Vampire • Ash Zombie • Corprus Stalker • Lame Corprus|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Golden Saint • Hunger • Ogrim • Ogrim Titan • Scamp • Storm Atronach • Winged Twilight|
|Dwemer Centurions||Centurion Sphere • Centurion Spider • Steam Centurion|
|Kwama||Kwama Forager • Kwama Queen • Kwama Warrior • Kwama Worker • Scrib|
|Undead||Ancestor Ghost • Bonelord • Bonewalker • Dwarven Spectre • Skeleton|
|Unique Creatures||Beldoh the Undying • Corky • Creeper • Lustidrike • Mudcrab Merchant • Nomeg Gwai • Old Blue Fin • Rollie the Guar • Staada • The White Guar • Worm Lord|