|Cloud Ruler Temple|
|Location ID||See IDs|
Cloud Ruler Temple is the heavily guarded fortress of the Blades, the secretive order that is sworn to protect the Emperor and his heirs. They are selected from the best soldiers in the land who are willing to dedicate their lives to the protection of the Emperor. Jauffre describes the temple as being the best defended fortress in all Cyrodiil; he even quotes, "a few men can hold off against an army"
Cloud Ruler Temple can be used as a free and easily accessible safe-haven for a Hero who is a Blade to call home, allowing them to eat, sleep and store equipment for free. The temple is full of weapons and armor that can be taken for free. In the basement, the Hero can store their items in the Armory chest which is especially useful in the Dagon Shrine Main Quest.
Note: Be aware that any chests other than the one in the Armory may reset after some time.
The Hero can train their acrobatics skill by climbing up the temple wall and jumping down. Note that this costs a lot of health, so make sure to bring healing supplies, use spells or simply rest for an hour when on low health.
Being in an even higher position than Bruma (known for its high altitude and constant snow), the Cloud Ruler Temple has one of the most beautiful views in the game. From the main pathway, one can see all the way down to the Imperial City.
North-west from the west wall of The Temple, by the rocks and the lookout point there is a chest with 5 gold pieces and a silver plate.
- Captain Steffan
Joining the Blades will allow the Hero to use the temple as a house, effectively owning everything inside. Doing so holds several benefits:
- Beds to sleep on and level up
- Food and drink to Restore Fatigue
- Novice alchemy set and ingredients
- Valuable books and skill books
- Armory chest in basement – Their items don't disappear when kept in there for storage.
- Multiple sets of Blades Armor
- Akaviri Katanas and dai-katanas
- Training dummies
- Repair hammers
- Hut-like building to stable your horse inside of right in the courtyard.
- Watching the two Blades fighting together for a minute will give them a permanent +2 bonus to their Blade and Block skill.
- Also if the Hero go south a bit they will find a rune stone that will give them bound dagger and gauntlets. (this will last two game hours)
- A book that tells where a Daedric shrine is.
- Valuable Jewels and Jewelry in Martin's room, along with books and ingredients
Cloud Ruler Temple was destroyed during the Great War with the Aldmeri Dominion in the Fourth Era. It was considered a prime target due to the Blades having led several sabotage missions in the Aldmeri Dominion, such as the Falinesti Incident.
In Skyrim, while exploring a shrine to Talos in Bloated Man's Grotto, the Dragonborn can recover the sword and the final testament of Acilius Bolar, who describes himself as the last of the Blades to have survived the attack on Cloud Ruler Temple.