While exploring Skyrim, the Dragonborn encounters Salma and Beem-Ja, two adventures arguing about exploring Ironbind Barrow. If the Dragonborn chooses to enter anyway, it will cause them to enter the barrow as well.
- Retrieve the treasure within Ironbind Barrow.
- Kill Warlord Gathrik.
- Kill Beem-Ja.
- Claim the treasure.
Talk to Salma and follow her into the barrow, defeating several draugr along the way, until finding to the throne room. There will be Warlord Gathrik, who will be either a leveled draugr or a dragon priest. Once the Dragonborn has killed him, Beem-Ja will attempt to sacrifice the Dragonborn to steal Gathrik's power. After he is slain, Salma will be saddened despite his treachery, and abandon her claim to the treasure and insist the Dragonborn go on without her.
- Warlord Gathrik is taller than the Draugr Deathlord.
- He is also quicker and has more health the draugr deathlord.
- If he appears as a dragon priest (level 40+), he will favor frost spells. However, he has been known to use Sparks and fire spells
- Like all leveled draugr, Gathrik can use dragon shouts. These include Frost Breath, Disarm and Unrelenting Force.