Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Some of the best candidates for Command Animal are Bears, Mammoths, Wolves, and Sabre Cats.
- This can be particularly useful when fighting Giants, as they are normally accompanied by Mammoths, which can be turned to fight for the Dragonborn, making giants much easier to defeat.
- Command Animal negates the risk of unexpected death from Sabre Cat or Wolf ambushes, as using the power quickly repels the attacker; something valued for lower-leveled characters.
- Despite being bestial, Dragons cannot be commanded.
- Command Animal is an Area of Effect Power, requiring moderate vicinity to the target to activate.
- The same effects can be gained from the Animal Allegiance Dragon Shout, barring that Animal Allegiance can be used multiple times a day, while Command Animal can only be used once, and only by Bosmer characters. The Command Animal power also shares the same on-screen animations as Animal Allegiance.
This section contains bugs related to Command Animal. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Occasionally while an animal is under the Dragonborn's command when they fast travel, the animal will remain at the point of arrival permanently, e.g. Having a cave bear under command when fast traveling to Whiterun, the bear will remain at the city gates permanently and be non-hostile towards the Dragonborn or any other NPCs (will attack if hit)
- Sometimes the animal simply won't follow/fight for the Dragonborn despite being commanded, most notable on Mammoths