- This can be particularly useful when fighting Giants, as they are normally accompanied by mammoths, which can be turned to fight for the Dragonborn, making giants much easier to defeat.
- Command Animal negates the risk of unexpected death from Sabre Cat or Wolf ambushes, as using the power quickly repels the attacker; something valued for lower-leveled characters.
- Despite being bestial, Dragons cannot be commanded.
- Command Animal is an Area of Effect Power, requiring moderate vicinity to the target to activate.
- Like other race powers, Command Animal may only be used once a day.
Among the best candidates for Command Animal Include:
- Occasionally while an animal is under the Dragonborn's command when they fast travel, the animal will remain at the point of arrival permanently, e.g. Having a cave bear under command when fast traveling to Whiterun, the bear will remain at the city gates permanently and be non-hostile towards the Dragonborn or any other NPC's (will attack if hit).
- Sometimes the animal simply won't follow/fight for the Dragonborn despite being commanded, most notable on Mammoths.