|Conjure Flaming Familiar|
|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Summons a flaming familiar which will charge into battle and explode.|
|Spell Tome||Quest reward|
Conjure Flaming Familiar is an Apprentice-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A Flaming Familiar is the fire version of a regular Familiar that runs towards enemies and explodes, somewhat acting as a homing grenade.
The flaming familiar's explosion deals fire damage in an area, comparable to a Fireball. The summoner and allies may be damaged by the explosion. If no hostile targets exist, the conjured familiar may chase the summoner instead. Explosions caused by this spell do not generate aggravation, meaning docile persons hit by it do not attack the summoner.
- "Apprentice Conjuration" cuts the Magicka cost of Conjure Flaming Familiar by half.
- "Oblivion Binding" dispels both ally and enemy Conjured Familiars when struck with Bound weaponry.
- "Summoner" - Conjured Familiar can be summoned at a greater distance. An additional point in this perk multiplies casting distance by 2.
- "Twin Souls" allows two familiars to be summoned at once.
- The Flaming Familiar does not benefit from the "Conjuration Dual Casting" perk.
The Flaming Familiar can be used as a homing fireball on land enemies, a powerful surprise attack for mages, a destructive distraction for groups of enemies or a cheap, land based Fireball. Coupled with it's relatively low cost in magicka, it can quickly prove itself one of the most versatile spells in the game.
This spell is particularly useful against enemies that can turn other summons, since the familiar explodes after a short time and will not have time to run back to attack the caster.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 250
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- It is obtained by completing the quest "A Scroll For Anska."
- The spell may appear as simply "Flaming Familiar" instead of "Conjure Flaming Familiar" in the Character Menu.
- This spell appears to be based on entities in European folklore, which are Familiars. They are said to be supernatural beings often appearing as animals or humanoid figures that assist those who practice magic.
- The Familiar summoned by the spell can be detonated prematurely by the caster by hitting it with any other spell or weapon. However, it is advised to do so from a distance with a Destruction spell so as to avoid taking damage.
|Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish