|Contract: Kill Beitild|
|Faction||The Dark Brotherhood|
Beitild owns the Iron-Breaker Mine in Dawnstar and is nearly always near guards. Since there are no special conditions for the quest, any method that ends with her dead will count as a success. There are several ways to go about this:
- Claim to be from the Dark Brotherhood. She will draw her pickaxe, and since she is usually close to the guards, they will attack and kill her; just keep out of their way and the quest is complete. Alternately, once she becomes hostile, run out of town and, when she follows, kill her.
- Wait until night and break into her house, then kill her there, where there are no witnesses. This will be especially easy if the Dragonborn has a high Sneak skill and is able to attack her while she is asleep.
- With a high sneak, jump onto the roof of a building and use a bow to sneak-kill her in one hit without the guards seeing it. (Poisoning the bow will help.)
- Reverse-Pickpocket poison into her inventory.
- Sneak and cast Fury, Frenzy, or Mayhem, and the guards will attack her. The perk Quiet Casting helps here.
- Being in Werewolf form will allow the player to avoid a bounty on their head, no matter how overt they are. As long as no NPCs see the Dragonborn change, they won't know who it is.
When she's dead, return to the Sanctuary and collect the reward from Nazir.
I must go to Dawnstar and kill the mine boss, Beitild. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Betild [sic] is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)