The main difference between Deekus and other contracts is that he might escape into the water, making it difficult to kill him since the Dragonborn cannot fight in water and, being an Argonian, Deekus can remain underwater indefinitely. If he does, the quest marker above his head can be used to judge where he is in the water. He then can be attacked with arrows, ranged magic or by using shouts.
- A locked chest (novice) that's protected by a bear trap.
- Locked chest (apprentice, leveled) located in the Captain's Cabin on the submerged ship.
- A Dibella statue next to his bedroll.
- Gems lying in the camp in several places as well as two on the submerged ship.
Most of the items in his camp, except for those in the ship, will need to be stolen.
I must go to the shipwreck on the Northern Coast, and kill Deekus. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Deekus is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- If the Dragonborn is Argonian, there will be a unique speech option, "I'm sorry, egg brother, but I've been sent to kill you."
- If Nazir is spoken to as an Argonian while this contract is active, he'll comment on the Dragonborn's race, saying "Will killing a fellow Argonian make your scales crawl?"
- Deekus will claim the wreckage as his own and tell the Dragonborn to go find his own.
This section contains bugs related to Contract: Kill Deekus. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the contract is completed after the Sanctuary has been attacked in the Death Incarnate quest, but before Hail Sithis! is completed, then Nazir will repeatedly say, "You just worry about fulfilling the contract. I'll take care of things on this end." The Deekus contract cannot be completed until Hail Sithis! is complete (and then Nazir will be found at the Dawnstar Sanctuary).