Ma'randru-jo is a Khajiit merchant who travels the main roads of Skyrim in a caravan with other merchants. Because the Nords do not take very kindly to the Khajiit, the caravan always sets up camp outside the city.
Locating him can be difficult because of his constant movement. His tendency to camp near cities, and consequently guards, makes killing him without a bounty nearly impossible without a high level in Sneak. The easiest method is to follow him onto the roads where there are no guards and then kill him or reverse-pickpocket a strong poison on him.
It is possible to threaten Ma'randru-jo using dialogue, causing him to turn hostile, and he can be killed in self-defense without incurring a bounty.
- In Whiterun, standing on the wooden platform that overlooks their camp allows a stealth kill using a bow. If at a high enough level, the Dragonborn should be able to kill the target in one shot without the rest of the camp turning hostile.
- In Morthal, it is possible to sneak across the low ridges across from the camp and use a silent ranged attack to eliminate him without being seen.
- In Solitude, hiding by the small hill behind the camp allows him to be poisoned when he goes to sleep.
- Fury can also be cast on him. Due to his low level (4), it is not necessary to invest perks in the Illusion skill tree. After the rest of the caravan cuts him down to his last few points of health, he will enter the recovery position. Then he can be killed without any hostile response.
|Contract: Kill Ma'randru-jo – DBSideContract07|
I must find and kill the Khajiit Ma'randru-jo, a merchant who travels with one of the caravans. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Ma'randru-jo is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- If the Dragonborn is a Khajiit, the dialogue option to initiate combat will take on a racial flavor: "You are a disgrace to our race; I spit on your fur!" Later, upon reporting back to Nazir he may say, "In Hammerfell, I used to enjoy watching two cats rip each other to pieces."
- In some cases, his body may travel with Ri'saad's caravan.
- Upon looting, Ma'randru-jo has an Elven Sword, which can be used by lower levels for an early damage boost.