Corrupted Shades are similar to skeletons, but are entirely black with the exception of their eyes and mouth, which glow red. They emit a black mist from their body and have no lower body, but rather float.
There are three variants of shades. The shades that appear in Kilkreath Ruins appear to be the remains of Imperial Legionaires and Stormcloak soldiers, wearing Imperial Armor and Stormcloak Armor respectively. The shades in Vahlok's Tomb are bare and wear nothing whatsoever.
- Shades have leveled souls.
- The shades of Kilkreath Ruins were created by Malkoran from the souls of dead Legion and Stormcloak soldiers.
- If the Imperial Legion or Stormcloaks are joined, shade of the respective faction may not be hostile in Kilkreath Ruins.
- Their 'ghostly remains' yield Bone Meal, rather than Ectoplasm.
- When you kill Malkoran another Corrupted Shade will then appear called Malkoran's Shade.
- A shade may spawn without a weapon. It will not attack, but is still marked as hostile by followers.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|