| Base Value:|
- Main article: Ingot
- Scaled Armor: 2 Corundum Ingots, 2 Leather, 3 Leather Strips, 3 Steel Ingots.
- Scaled Boots: 1 Corundum Ingot, 1 Leather, 2 Leather Strips, 2 Steel Ingots.
- Scaled Bracers: 1 Corundum Ingot, 1 Leather, 2 Leather Strips, 1 Steel Ingot.
- Scaled Helmet: 1 Corundum Ingot, 1 Leather, 1 Leather Strips, 2 Steel Ingots.
- Banded Iron Armor: 5 Iron Ingots, 3 Leather Strips, 1 Corundum Ingot.
- Banded Iron Shield: 4 Iron Ingots, 1 Leather Strips, 1 Corundum Ingot.
- Steel Plate Armor: 3 Leather Strips, 3 Steel Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Corundum Ingot.
- Steel Plate Boots: 2 Leather Strips, 2 Steel Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Corundum Ingot.
- Steel Plate Gauntlets: 2 Leather Strips, 2 Steel Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Corundum Ingot.
- Steel Plate Helmet: 2 Leather Strips, 2 Steel Ingots, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Corundum Ingot.
The following materials are needed to smelt a single corundum ingot:
- 2 × Corundum Ore
- In real life, Corundum does not exist as presented; in reality, corundum is a crystal made of the mineral aluminum oxide with traces of iron, titanium and chromium. It is more likely to represent chromium, which is alloyed with iron to improve steel, though chromium is silvery in color. Corundum may also be a stand-in for copper, as corundum ore has flecks of green, a trait of copper which turns green as it oxidizes. There are also copper circlets in the game, but no corresponding ingot, while the color of such circlets is similar to corundum. The most well known forms of corundum are rubies and sapphires.
- Despite corundum being a nine on the Mohs scale of hardness - bested only by diamond - Daedric armor and weapons, Dragon armor and weapons, and Ebony armor and weapons are better. This is likely because hardness alone doesn't make a material very good for forming weapons or armor with. The material also needs to have some degree of malleability so that it can absorb the force of many blows without breaking. Also, as mentioned above, the Corundum in Skyrim does not correspond to real life, so its Mohs scale position would likely vary from real life, perhaps being closer to copper.
- Corundum Ingots appear quite similar to Dwarven Metal Ingots, though Dwarven Ingots have a brownish cast. This could mean that Corundum is an ingredient in the lost recipe for dwarven metal.