Cragslane Cavern is a small cave located north of Shor's Stone and is used for gambling events and skooma operations. There is a small bandit camp outside with two tents with bedrolls, a cooking pot, tanning rack and two locked cages with pit wolves. A bouncer is guarding the camp when the Dragonborn first arrives, and the main entrance is guarded by leveled bandits - one outside, the other inside.
The gambling area is occupied by two to three gamblers, a barkeep and two pit wolves fighting. There is a bed roll and a locked chest behind the bar. There are also several pit wolves in cages, a locked boss chest with leveled items and a bandit leader named Butcher in his study to the left.
- Skooma and moon sugar.
- The Wolf Queen, Book I, a Lockpicking skill book, is on a shelf behind the bar counter.
- The cages may be unlocked with the Craglane Dog Cage Key the bandit leader has. The chests may be unlocked with the Craglane Chest Key, also obtained from a bandit. (The keys are named Craglane, not Cragslane.)
- If the cages are picked open instead of using a key, the wolves will be docile and will remain in their cages indefinitely, even if the cell is reset.
- It is possible as a random encounter to find a dead bandit surrounded by three pit wolves. There will be a note on the bandit's body telling him to "Find the missing pit wolves" as they lost too many in the last tournament, and to bring them back to Cragslane at once.
- One bandit outside and two more inside respawn, but the other people and the pit wolves do not.
This section contains bugs related to Cragslane Cavern. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Honeyside unavailable. Waiting three to four game weeks may reset this. If this location is cleared before the quest Skooma Trade has been activated, the quest may become bugged, making becoming Thane of the Rift impossible and
- Leaving the location after completing the objective/quest, it is possible that followers may disappear and not return.
Just inside the entrance a dark elf attacks you: however, due to a bug, he cannot be searched because he has no name or category. If his weapon is dropped, it may be lootable. There is no known reason for this bug and it cannot be fixed.
- This bug may not always happen, and the Dunmer will be able to be searched after his death like any other character.
- When walking through the corridor to the atrium where the dog fights are held, there may be a reoccurring instance where the Dragonborn may fall through the ground and be teleported to the cave entrance. (Needs other verification)