|Location||Southeast of Windhelm|
South of Narzulbur
North west of Mzulft
North East of Steamcrag Camp
Directly East of Witchmist Grove
|Quests||Queen Freydis's Sword|
The Forgemaster's Fingers
Cragwallow Slope is a cave occupied by conjurers, flame atronachs, and mages. There is one sitting outside of this small cave at a table that frequently runs off in pursuit of wildlife nearby (making fast travel coming out difficult). There is often a dragon flying overhead.
The Conjurers in the cave are leveled and can quickly swarm. Between them and their conjured creatures it is not advisable to rush in too quickly. There are also free roaming atronachs.
- The cave is the target of a miscellaneous quest given by Oengul to retrieve Queen Freydis's Sword, which he is attempting to replicate when the Dragonborn speaks with him. The sword is nothing special, (it appears to be a steel sword). The reward is free Smithing training. The sword is not present if the cave is cleared before receiving the quest, but will appear when the quest is activated.
- The cave can also be the destination for the second part of Arniel's Endeavor.
- It can be the location of The Forgemaster's Fingers in the quest The Forgemaster's Fingers.
- This cave may be the location for the Dawnguard quest Rescue.
- It may also be the destination for a miscellaneous quest given by Roggi of Kynesgrove to find his ancestral shield. In return, Roggi will teach you some of his family's shield techniques.
- One of the Totems of Hircine may be found here.
- A vein of corundum ore can be found behind the table where the book was.
- The Lunar Lorkhan, a skill book for Alteration is on the table in the large open area.
- Copy of Remanada in a chest in the large hall, (with all the candles on the floor) next to a arcane enchanter.
- It is possible, at higher levels, to find the spell tome Conjure Dremora Lord.
- A recipe for the Atronach Forge in a room with a chest and two beds.