|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
Daedric armor is a set of heavy armor available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Very heavy, it has the highest armor rating in the base game. The armor set contains five pieces: a helmet, boots, gauntlets, a cuirass and greaves, and an optional shield. A set of weapons of the same name coincide with the set.
Pieces of Daedric armor can be forged in the basement of the College of Winterhold with armor made from ebony, the hearts of Daedra, Black Soul Gems, and Centurion Dynamo Cores. They can also be crafted at a blacksmiths forge.
True to its predecessors, Daedric Armor design is demonic in appearance with a several spikes protruding from various parts of the body. Sections of the armor glow red in dark areas, however this does not affect sneaking.
- Wearing the full Daedric set raises the chance of successful intimidation checks by 10%.
- Daedric Armor has the highest armor rating in the game. This makes the Dragon Armor perk somewhat inferior in terms of protection.
Unenchanted pieces of Daedric armor will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 46 and enchanted pieces can be found at level 47, albeit very rarely. These locations include:
- Found as random loot in chests.
- Unenchanted pieces dropped as random loot by Revered or Legendary Dragons.
Ebony Ingots can be smelted from Ebony Ore or purchased from blacksmiths. Daedra Hearts can be purchased from alchemists, Enthir at the College of Winterhold or found on dead Dremora. Pieces can be upgraded with an Ebony Ingot at a grindstone and also benefit from the Daedric Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
Attributes by piece
|Armor||Weight||Value||Leather Strips||Ebony Ingot||Daedra Heart||ID|
The correct way to determine actual armor rating is using the equation: [Armor Rating] = ([Base Armor]*[(Skill*0.004)+1])*[Perk Modifiers]+[Smithing Bonus])
The Atronach Forge
- Sigil Stone
- 1 Daedra Heart
- 1 Unenchanted Ebony Armor of the desired type
- 1 Centurion Dynamo Core
- 1 Black Soul Gem (empty or filled)