|Faction||The College of Winterhold|
Below The College of Winterhold, in the The Midden (Dark) lies a Daedric Relic. In the center of a room upon a pillar stands a Gauntlet with the Daedric letter "Oht" glowing in the palm. On a table nearby, The Dragonborn will find the Midden Incident Report, which details the fate of the deceased students surrounding the Relic, and the Investigator's Key. According to the report, The Relic was unable to be moved, so the author instead pried off the four rings found left behind on the Gauntlet. The rings were then stored in The Arcanaeum, in the Master Investigators Box (which may be opened with the Investigator's Key).
The names and order of the rings are as follows:
- Katarina's Ring (Relic Index Finger)
- Treoy's Ring (Relic Middle Finger)
- Balwen's Ring (Relic Ring Finger)
- Pithiken's Ring (Relic Little Finger)
To release him, the Dragonborn must say "Velehk Sain I release you." He will laugh, give his thanks, and portal away. A treasure map will then appear in the inventory, which leads to a chest at the base of a Shrine of Talos west of the College of Winterhold. The chest will appear as if by portal when the Dragonborn gets near the spot depicted in the map. See Velehk Sain's Treasure for details.
Alternately, the Dragonborn may attempt to get rid of him by saying "Velehk Sain I banish you to Oblivion." This will fail, and Velehk Sain will then attack. If he is defeated, his looted body will only hold two Scimitars, Hammerfell Garb, Redguard boots, and possibly a Daedra Heart.
- It should be noted that the Conjuration spells Banish Daedra and Expel Daedra do affect Velehk Sain, but by draining his health until he dies rather than sending him back to Oblivion.
- It is possible to kill Velehk after the map is given and before he teleports away, but this will prevent the Dragonborn from receiving the treasure.
- The rings might disappear if stored in a chest, even if it's considered a safe container.
|College of Winterhold Quests|
|Main Quest||First Lessons • Under Saarthal • Hitting the Books • Good Intentions |
Revealing the Unseen • Containment • Staff of Magnus • The Eye of Magnus
|Side Quests||Arniel's Endeavor • Daedric Relic • Aftershock • Out of Balance • J'zargo's Experiment |
Brelyna's Practice • Onmund's Request • Fetch Me That Book! • Tolfdir the Absent-Minded
|Master Spell Quests||Alteration Ritual Spell • Destruction Ritual Spell • Conjuration Ritual Spell |
Illusion Ritual Spell • Restoration Ritual Spell