| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Daedric Smithing|
Daedric swords are somewhat visually similar to scimitars. They have a curved handle and a serrated edge, with the exception that the Daedric sword has a much darker color, and contains sharper edges around the hilt. They also have a very similar design to Daedric armor.
Unenchanted Daedric swords will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 46 and rarely as low as level 40 and enchanted swords can be found at level 47, albeit very rarely. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests.
- Enchanted swords dropped as random loot by Revered or Legendary Dragons.
- An enchanted sword is a possible reward from Ulfric Stormcloak or General Tullius after completing a Civil War quest at level 40 or higher.
- During the quest The Wolf Queen Awakened, Potema Septim can use an enchanted Daedric sword if the Dragonborn reaches highest levels.
- During the quest Laid to Rest , Movarth Piquine can use an unenchanted Daedric sword if the player is at a high enough level.
It can be upgraded with an ebony ingot at a grindstone and benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
The Atronach Forge requires the following components to create a Daedric sword:
A Sigil Stone is required to operate the forge but is not consumed.
- When a fire spell is equipped before equipping the Daedric Sword, there is a small chance that both will be used, (in the left hand), at the same time. The spell will not take charge time or use any magicka. This only works with Daedric Swords that are enchanted with fire damage.
- While using a Daedric sword, the sword may glitch in and out of view while being held. This tends to happen when one has recently been to the College of Winterhold, but may happen in other places.There is chance that it may appear 2 Daedric swords while in a blacksmith