| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Daedric Smithing|
Unenchanted Daedric Swords will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 46 and rarely at level 40 and enchanted swords can be found at level 47, albeit very rarely. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests.
- Enchanted swords dropped as random loot by Revered or Legendary Dragons.
- An enchanted sword is a possible reward from Ulfric Stormcloak or General Tullius after completing a Civil War quest at level 40 or higher.
It can be upgraded with a Ebony Ingot at a grindstone and also benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
The Atronach Forge requires the following components to create a Daedric Sword:
A Sigil Stone (Skyrim) is required to operate the forge but is not consumed.
- The only sword with a higher base damage than the Daedric Sword is a Level 46+ Chillrend or a Dragonbone Sword from the Dawnguard add-on.
- When a fire spell is equipped before equipping the Daedric Sword, there is a small chance that both will be used, (in the left hand), at the same time. The spell will not take charge time or use any magica. This only works with Daedric Swords that are enchanted with fire damage.
Once two Daedric Swords have been enhanced, dual wielding them is no longer accessible via the favorites menu.
- If the enhanced blades are renamed during enchanting so that their names are no longer shared, they can once again be dual wielded via the favorites menu.
- Dual-wielding a Daedric Sword with a dagger allows the player to swing it as fast as a dagger.
- while using a deadric sword the sword may glitch in and out of view while being held. There is no fix to this, but it can be visually annoying while playing. This tends to happen when one has recently been to the College of Winterhold, but may happen in other places.