Daedroth are creatures encountered in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. They are animalistic Daedra resembling large, bipedal alligator-like creatures. According to the book Darkest Darkness, they are minions of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal.
According to Varieties of Daedra, they are "feral [and] beastlike" and "appear in the service of many different Daedric Powers, and may represent common creatures existing like wild animals in the wildernesses of Oblivion".
In battle, a Daedroth prefers to slash at opponents with their mighty jaws and huge, hooked claws. They will, on rare occasion however, belch a fireball. Some have also been observed using poison magic. On spotting an enemy, the Daedroth will shake itself, invoking its Shield spell, and then generally lumber toward the enemy, slashing with its claws.
This battle initiating ritual can make the Daedroth slow to react, especially when summoned close to enemies. It is a large beast and sometimes has difficulty maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Daedroth can be conjured as a summon using the expert-level Conjuration spell Summon Daedroth or with a scroll to Summon Daedroth.
- On rare occasions, a Daedroth that is charging at its foes will pounce, dealing slightly more damage than its normal claw attack.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Mobile
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|